The antioxidant properties of lemon have already made them way too special. Being one of an essential kitchen staple, it keeps huge importance as every bit (flesh to peel) of this could be utilized. These contain wide range of minerals, vitamins and fiber which is an ultimate source of boosting nutrition level in the body. Lemon peel are even more refreshing with a divine smell and could include aroma and flavor to drinks and foods.
Along with offering various household cleaning benefits, the other usefulness of lemon peel may surprise you.
Uses of lemon peel
1- Lemon peel tea
Stop yourself immediately if you thinking to throw the peel away. Be creative and make healthy tea using the lemon peel. Rich in vitamin C, lemon peel helps in balancing the PH level of the body, improves digestion, helps lose weight fast, boost immune system and offers toning to the liver.
How to do?
- After removing the white pith, take 1tbsp of thinly cut lemon peel and put it in a cup.
- Now pour some boiling water over the peel and cover the cup. Allow it to steep for at least 10 minutes.
- Strain, add honey, stir thoroughly and drink.
2- DIY all-purpose cleaner
Lemon peel can be utilized as an all-purpose cleaner. The acidic property of the peel makes it an extraordinary for disinfecting items. This cleaner helps out in cleaning glass windows, showerheads, mirrors and various other household surfaces.
How to do?
- Into a glass jar throw a handful of washed and chopped lemon peels. Now, add pour white vinegar into it.
- Cover the jar completely and keep it under the sunshine for at least 2-3 weeks.
- Next, pour the mixture by passing it through a cheesecloth or mesh strainer.
- Pour the mixture to a clean spray bottle and start applying on windows, mirrors, etc.
Point to note; This could not be used on porous surfaces like marble and granite.
3- Yellow nail is your problem? Lemon peel can help
The yellowish tinge in the nails may disappoint you in public. Want to lose all your confidence, performing at one of the big platforms? Whatever shape of the nails you make, no matter how nicely you cut them, if they are yellow, they will make you hide them. Lemon peel is the best solution to deal with them and improving them earlier than expected. Give your nails some air to breath and be healthy.
The anti-oxidant properties of lemon peel helps in reducing discoloration.
How to do?
- Soak your nails for about 10 minutes in warm water and then rub each nail with fresh lemon peel for at least 20 seconds.
- Wash your hand and apply this remedy twice in a day for quick result.
4- Fragrance to fireplace
Fireplace is what everyone loves during winters and as it helps in making people warm and cozy. Using lemon peels, you can help yourself make fireplace a scented heaven.
How to do?
- Just toss the left over fresh or dried lemon peels into the area to enjoy lemony scent into the room.
- Lemon peels also help in burning the wood longer than expected and helps keep mosquitoes away.
There are various other uses of lemon peel that could amaze you more. These mentioned above are the most practically used. Be creative and learn many other benefits. Feel like sharing any other? Feel free to do so in the comment box below!